GWAE is a graduate student group in the Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AeroAstro). Our community welcomes all women, woman-identifying, transgender, and non-binary graduate students and allies. Our primary objectives and initiatives are to:
- Support the personal, academic, and professional development of the GWAE community.
- Foster a strong community among women, woman-identifying, transgender, and non-binary individuals in our department.
- Serve as a liaison for communication between the AeroAstro department and the GWAE community.
- Advocate for diversity and support recruitment of women and gender minorities in collaboration with the MIT AeroAstro Diversity, Inclusion, and Innovation Committee
- Enhance ties with AeroAstro undergraduate women, woman-identifying, transgender, and non-binary students through sponsorship of a graduate-undergraduate mentor program, joint outreach efforts, and joint professional development events.
- Organize, lead, and participate in outreach events focused primarily on women, woman-identifying, transgender, and non-binary students. GWAE’s participation in outreach events aims to inspire and encourage young people to pursue STEM as well as to show the broader community that women and gender minorities can serve as leaders in technical fields.
- Maintain a relationship between the GWAE community and AeroAstro faculty.